Friday, August 28, 2026

Blog Post #1: Top Five Information & News Sources

The New York Times is one of my top sources for news because I like the amount of detail that is provided in their articles. I think that the New York Times is reliable and accurate, which makes it a good source to use for many different things. I mostly use it when I want to learn more about a major event that is happening instead of quickly just reading a headline. The New York Times covers so many topics including politics, world events, entertainment and lifestyle content. I would recommend it because the articles give a detailed background which is important for fully understanding a story. (https://www.nytimes.com/

My next top source for news and information is TikTok. As much as I hate to admit it, TikTok is where I find out a lot of things first. I like using the platform because it gives me so much information quickly and I also have the ability to search more about it right away. However, I do not trust everything I see on TikTok. If something seems questionable or important, I will do more research on other platforms. I would recommend it for staying on top of what everyones talking about, but not as your only source of information. (https://www.tiktok.com/en/

Google is my next go to for news. As soon as I hear something I want to know more about, I go straight to Google. I like that I can basically type anything and get provided multiple sources and articles within seconds. Its especially useful when I see something on social media, TikTok for example, and want to see if it actually true or get more information. I would recommend Google because it is probably one of the easiest ways to get a lot of information very quickly. You just have to see where the information you get when you use Google is coming from. (https://www.google.com/

CNN is one of the sources I use when something major is happening and I want quick updates. I usually click on articles from CNN that I find when I search something on Google. I like that their articles cover more than just politics, but I mostly enjoy the live updates aspect. I use CNN also when I am doing projects for school and have to write hard news releases. CNN is such an easy way to stay caught up on current events and to see what stories are getting the most attention. (https://www.cnn.com/

My last source I use for Information is Instagram, without even realizing it. Since I use the app every day, I often come across posts about current events, pop culture, and things happening around the world. I also like the fact that I can follow specific accounts based on what I am interested in, so my feed is more relevant to me. I would recommend instagram because it is an easy way to stay updated, but like TikTok, you should always look up another source of information to double-check. (https://www.instagram.com/?hl=en


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post #2: Supreme Court Reflection

  Outside of the Supreme Court  After watching this video about the U.S. Supreme Court, I realized there were several things I did not know ...